Data Protection Policy
Collection of Personal Data
1. By accepting these Terms, you acknowledge and agree that Suntek Global may collect, use and disclose your Personal Data as provided in these Terms or your Personal Data obtained by Suntek Global’s affiliates, officers, agents or other partners, and employees as a result of your access and use of our Website, in accordance with the PDPA.
2. We may collect the following information from you or your representatives, third parties, or publicly available sources through your access and use of our Website (“Personal Data”):
(a) your personal information provided to Suntek Global including information provided for the purposes of registration of an Account, by submission of a Sales Order by a Guest, by submission of any forms or questionnaires on our Website, or by corresponding with Suntek Global;
(b) personal information relating to a third party (including information on your spouse, children, parents) that you provide to us for any reason;
(c) your personal information that Suntek Global receives from third party sources; and
(d) your correspondence with us, or with third parties in which we are copied.
3. We will store all Personal Data on secure servers and take reasonable technical precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your Personal Data.
4. Our Website may from time to time contain links, plug-ins, widgets or other connections to and from websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. We have no control over and are not responsible for the content on or obtained through these third party websites. These third party websites may have their own privacy policies. You agree that we will not be responsible or liable in relation to any policies or personal data that may be collected through these third party websites.
Purposes of Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
5. We may generally use and/or disclose your Personal Data to our affiliates and their officers, directors, employees, business partners and agents for the following purposes:
(a) to enable your access and use of our Website and improve your browsing and user experience;
(b) to respond to your queries and requests, and act on complaints, suggestions and/or comments to us;
(c) keep track of your purchase records;
(d) to manage our infrastructure and business operations and comply with internal policies and procedures;
(e) to verify your identity and any information provided by you to us;
(f) to provide media announcement and responses;
(g) to perform analytics and tracking, and conduct market research;
(h) to monitor or record phone calls and customer-facing interactions for quality assurance, employee training, performance evaluation and identity verification purposes;
(i) to conduct audits, reviews and analysis of our internal processes, action planning, and manage commercial risks;
(j) to comply with any applicable laws, rules and regulations, codes of practice or guidelines, or assist in law enforcement and investigations by relevant authorities; and
(k) purposes related to and in connection with the foregoing.
Disclosures of Personal Data
6. We may disclose your Personal Data to third parties such as service providers and professional advisers for the following purposes:
(a) to enforce or apply these Terms;
(b) to protect the rights, property and safety of Suntek Global and our affiliates, and other users of our Website;
(c) to assist third party service providers or vendors in connection with services provided to us, and marketing promotions and services offered by us or its preferred partners;
(d) for or in connection with any claim, demands, legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings in connection with our Website;
(e) for or in connection with any share or asset acquisition by or of Suntek Global, including the sale, purchase, merger, amalgamation or any other acquisition, disposal or financing of Suntek Global, an entity, a portion of an entity, or any business or asset of an entity;
(f) to perform analytics and tracking, and conduct market research; and
(g) to comply with any applicable laws, rules and regulations, codes of practice or guidelines, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations by relevant authorities.
(a) to improve the efficiency of our Website and provide you with a better user experience while using our Website;
(b) to administer services to you and other services to advertisers;
(c) to collect usage statistics; and
(d) to allow business partners to collect information about your online activity when you access or use our Website. The information gathered by these business partners is non-personally identifiable information which is used to make predictions about your interests, characteristics or preferences and to personalise advertising.
8. You may disable the collection of cookies associated with the above by changing the settings on your browser. You acknowledge and agree that this may materially affect your user experience of our Website.
Withdrawal of Consent
9. You may withdraw consent in respect of any collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Data by us or make corrections to your Personal Data records by notifying us in writing in English and delivered by electronic mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Where your Personal Data has been received from third parties (including any business partners, sub-contractors in technical and payment services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers and credit reference agencies), you should contact such party directly to make any queries, feedback and access and correction requests to us on your behalf.
11. If you withdraw your consent to any or all use by us of your Personal Data, depending on the nature of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our Services to you, and this may also result in the termination of any agreements with us and the breach of your contractual obligations or undertakings. We fully reserve all our rights and remedies in such event.